Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Artist Feature: Carmelo Blandino

I'm excited to share some pretty fabulous art with you today. Lately I've been really digging abstracted flowers, and these pieces deliver just that in a wonderful sort of way. I love the mood and drama that they evoke; they have a terrific energy and looseness to them. Carmelo Blandino is the artist's name and he has quite the portfolio. He features several series of works on his website and each series has dozens of paintings. His "recent flowers" series is my favourite (complete with 80 works!). Here's just a small sampling. Gah! SO good. 
















Aren't they amazing?! I can't stop going through them over and over again, admiring more about them each time. And I can only imagine how terrific they'd look in person - so much detail and texture to take in. 

Major art crush right here, friends. 

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!