Friday, September 13, 2013

Around the House

Hello and Happy Friday! It's a gorgeous day in my corner of the world. Hard to believe there are only a handful of these kinds of days left as summer slips away and fall creeps in. *sigh*

Things have been moving at a snail's pace around the house lately. I really haven't done much of anything for a while. I did manage to finally get some pillows in place in the living room though. They came from Arianna Belle. There are more pillows to add, but this is a good start. (The white IKEA chair will be switched out down the road.)




Notice that brass table lamp behind the sofa? I found a pair of brass beauties at a local thrift shop for $8 each! Not bad, eh? The only catch is that I need to find new shades. The original shades were ick. And yes, I know I said I'd never buy shadeless lamps again (after that foo dog lamp fiasco), but these were just too good to pass up. I figure even if I do have to have shades custom made (and pay the high price for them), the bargain price of the lamps themselves will help offset that.

I've also been rethinking our master bedroom a little. Here are some pieces I've got my eye on. 

This burlap bed is kind of cool. The curvy headboard is fun and a little quirky. The burlap fabric would add some wonderful texture and would also be a nice contrast to some of the "finer" fabrics (silk and taffeta) that will happen in the room. Not everything can be lux, right? We need some more rustic/imperfect elements to balance all the pretty.




The trillion semi flush-mount fixture is killer, and would be SO. GOOD. I know I've shown it to you before, but it's worth looking at again.




I'm still a little undecided on this one, but the delta lamp by Robert Abbey could work well as bedside lighting (and it's pretty affordable). 



I still really want a moroccan wedding blanket at the foot of the bed. 


And I've finally decided on two 20x20 pillows for the bed, done in silk capucheen (by designers guild). They'll look something like this (floral pillows).



So, I guess that's where things are at right now. Hopefully I can start to get more done indoors once it's not as nice to be outdoors. I'm itching to get things done!

Have yourself a fabulous kind of weekend! 

Hugs, 

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!