Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lake Life and Lamp Love... Finally

Hello, friends! It's been way too long. I've missed you all. In case you wondered, I do live and breathe. Me and the fam jam slipped away to the lake last week for a little vacation time. It was great fun and we had near perfect weather the whole week so that made for a terrific holiday. Lots and lots of outdoor time. AND I even caught myself a fish! Snapshots of our week.






We visited the farm one day as well. My mom's uncle lives here. He keeps a few animals which was great fun for the kids. He also happens to have the tallest, look-out type play house around (tall enough to give me heart palpitations) and a couple quads which were a hit with the kids (also highly safe). 



More palpitations for Mom
 
We also visited the doll museum in the nearby town. It was once someone's private collection and houses 2,500 dolls. Very neat to see. 



Our days usually ended like this - a fire blazing and the sun setting. Throw some s'mores in there and it was simply perfect. 


 

Now, on to the lamp love. I've been on the hunt for a pair of lamps for the sideboard in our dining/living room for a while now. It's been hard to find something that I liked and that was the right size and not crazy expensive (since we need two). I came across the delta lamp by Robert Abbey the other day, and it just might be the one! It's a good size and a good price and it comes in over 20 different colours. How perfect is that! Here's the bone colour (which is probably the shade I would choose for our space). 




 

Colour Options


Yep. My search may be at its end. I do hope so.





Well, it's good to be home and back to the blog. Thanks for the visit, and I hope to get a few more posts up this week. I've been a slacker lately.


Hugs & High Fives, 

-Sarah


p.s. Maybe I should mention "the lake" we were at is Lac des Isles near Goodsoil, SK in the Meadow Lake provincial park. My mom grew up in Goodsoil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!