Friday, March 15, 2013

Painting Progress, Pillows & A Garland

Friday it is. Do you have any special weekend plans? My husband is working, so I'll be hunkering down and trying to get some more things done around the house. If you could look out my window right now, you'd see another reason to hunker down and hide away. Winter is getting old. Very old. 

Speaking of house stuff, here's a look at that black and white bruskstroke piece I'm working on. So far I've only spent one evening working on it, and I'm pretty happy with how it's looking. I picked up some fine pumice gel to experiment with adding some texture. I found this video of the exact product (GOLDEN pumice gel) which is really informative and helpful (if you're interested). Once it's finished it will hopefully get framed in gold and hang in the mudroom against the kelly green walls.




I picked up some fabrics for A's bedroom pillows, and got the two green, velvet pillows sewn last night. I hadn't sewn a pillow cover in a looong time, so it was slow going at first, and there is SO much green lint around my house now. Darn velvet. 




Here's how I hope to arrange the pillows once they're all ready to go. The two large, green pillows in the corners. Two smaller, square pillows in black and white (dots and stripes with red ruffle edge). And a lumbar pillow across the front in the orangerie. 



And I finally got around to making the bebe garland I had shown you a while ago. It didn't get done for the shower I hosted back in January, but my mom and I are hosting a shower this coming Sunday, so the garland will be used for that. I need to get it looking better, but I think it's kind of cute. Green wire would have been better. Oh well. It will hang in the window at my mom's with pink ribbon.



I had hoped to show you those chinoiserie panels and the greek key rug by now. They're supposed to arrive today, but so far nothing. Perhaps I'll have a little update for you later today if they do arrive. All this snow could have got in the way I suppose. 

Enjoy your weekend! (Even if you're buried under white like me.) In an effort to look on the bright side, here are three things I do like about winter: sparkly snow, navel oranges & boots. How about you?

-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! It will look fab with a gold frame!
    Have a good weekend, and a spring break!...hope your white turns to pastels!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!