Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Plans for the Pink Room

The pink room got some shelves the other day. Actually, they're more like ledges that neatly display some of my daughter's books and art. So far these are the only things on the walls in her room so we're really enjoying them. (RIBBA picture ledges from IKEA.)






I want to create a little reading nook is this corner of her room. Originally I hoped to put this chaise in the corner next to the books, but it's been discontinued. Boo.



So, I'll have to come up with something else. Perhaps a chair would be a better choice to free up a little more space for play. Something antique-ish with ornate detail would be nice. We shall see.   

As promised, here's a look at what I'm dreaming of for her room. It has me SO excited!



Notice the designers guild orangerie fabric? I didn't win it on ebay unfortunately, but I found it elsewhere for a VERY reasonable price. It's on its way to me as we speak! Going to be real good. A reminder of the window treatment design (the floral pattern isn't to scale).



The tulip bell jar light fixture is gorgeous but it may be difficult to get my hands on (and prohibitive to the budget), so I have something like this in mind as a back up plan.  A vintage Italian tole chandelier. You can always find them on ebay.



via One Kings Lane


After I put the board together, I spotted these chinoiserie panels at Black Rooster. They're large and a good buy. They just might be the perfect thing to hang above the daybed.


I'd also like to hang a few Sarah Jane prints on the walls. I particularly like these three.




A room fit for my little princess!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!