Thursday, November 1, 2012

I'm Sew Done! (At Least for Now) and Replacement Sconces

Hello, friends. Here's a look at the curtains I finally got around to sewing. I actually had Luke's done over the weekend, but I've been waiting for a sunny day to take pictures. It seems the sun has gone on vacation, so I decided to do my best with what lighting I had this afternoon. The pictures were quite dark but hopefully this gives you some idea of how things turned out. I'm pleased on both fronts, with the shower curtains and Luke's curtains as well. I need to pick up some extra curtain hooks for the shower curtains and then I can give you a better look.

Luke's curtains.





A glimpse of the shower curtain for now. The fabric is so fun for the kid's bath.



Our replacement sconces arrived and my husband put them up over the weekend. We're happy with them (insert sigh of relief).




And a little bit of pink prettiness for good measure. These roses are currently sitting in the corner of my living room and I like 'em. So pretty.



Cheerio!

-Sarah

3 comments:

  1. What type of fabric did you use for the shower?
    thanks,
    Krystle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystle,
      I used a heavy weight cotton. It's called Zoo Pals, Blue by Dwell Studio. I ordered it online through Tonic Living (Toronto, Canada). I hope that helps!
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Awesome on all counts! A quick question - how much seam allowance did you give the top where the grommets are? I'm toying with making a set of curtains for our office closet to replace the cumbersome doors, but haven't fully decided on style at the top yet. Grommets are at the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!