Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Perils of Online Shopping

Online Shopping. Sometime you make a good choice and sometimes you don't. Our new West Elm rugs arrived and one worked perfectly, the other not so much. It got sent back.

The Mira rug was exactly what I was expecting. The colour works well and I like the overall look and texture of it. It's a heavy rug in grey and black tones. Worn looking in places but still elegant and pretty.



The Kite Kilim was a little too rustic or casual for our home. It was rather blanket-ish if you know what I mean. I didn't mind the colour and pattern, but the look and texture just weren't working for me. Too bad.



So, we're back to square one. The sale continues until Monday at West Elm, so we're considering ordering a replacement from there. These are two we like.




The blue shades are lovely and they would add a nice pop of colour to our entrance. We shall see.

And here's a quick peek at some wallpaper we've been considering for the powder room. All through Braid Flooring in Saskatoon, SK.




They also carry this fabulous ikat paper, but its mucho money so we'll have to pass it up. It's really pretty though.



We hope to hang some of our blinds tonight. I mean, yes, we're interested in getting to know our neighbours, but maybe not THAT well.

Catch you later!

-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Sarah... did you already send back the Kite Kilim rug? If you didn't I might be interested in buying it from you... let me know! I love that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the next rug option works out for you... and good for you for not settling. Love that Ikat wallpaper, too! It's really pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!