Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm Back!

Our internet and phone finally got connected yesterday so I can get back to the blog. Yay! I've certainly missed it, although it's been nice to get some other things done.

The move went well. Hard to believe that was over 3 weeks ago now. We're getting settled in the new place. Here are a few things we've been up to.

The day after we moved, I ran a 1/2 marathon. I was rather tired so my time was slow, but I did it! Post race and still smiling.

 

We painted the mudroom green, VERY green. (Kelly Green by Benjamin Moore) I'm kind of loving it especially with the ultra sparkly chandy. The paint is quite glossy too and the green colour is bright but elegant.

 

And we picked out this persian runner for that room. Found it on ebay for $55 so I'm happy about that.

 

We also ordered rugs for the front entrance and living room. They're both coming from West Elm. As a side note, if you want to order from them you simply call the number provided on the website which will connect you to the Toronto store (if you live in Canada). If they have it in stock, you can buy it. Shipping was only $75 for two large rugs being sent from Toronto to SK. I was pretty impressed with that.

Entrance

Living Room
 

We tried out these bar stools but decided they were too big/high.



I think we'll go with the original plan - the vapour stools from CB2. They're super cool. We hope to get three of them at some point in the next little while. Two for the back side of the island and one just around the corner on the left. I designed the island with these stools in mind so I should probably stick with them. I think they'll look great and fit perfectly.

 

I'm itching to do more with the house, but I have to pace myself. There are bills to pay - you know how that goes. Perhaps I'll show you what I'm dreaming of in the meantime; that won't cost a cent! I've just started a new board on pinterest called "Our New Home". Go here to find me.

I missed you, my friends! Happy to be back.

-Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move & the 1/2 Marathon!! Can't wait to see the house....totally loving that Kelly Green mudroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I am impressed by the run! I have done a few and I can't imagine running one after a big move! LOVE your entry, the rugs, everything - it is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back! $55 for a Persian rug? What's not to love about a deal like that?! Congratulations on your 1/2 marathon - I bet that felt amazing... Cannot wait to see more of what you've been up to on the inside of your new home! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!