Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Parisian Pad Design Board

Here's my latest imaginary space - a modern, slightly eclectic, heavy-on-the-neutrals, Paris apartment. Since there was minimal colour, I piled on the textures and materials. Let's see... there's leather, metals, lucite, fur, hide, wool, cement, wood, etc. All the different textures/materials keep the look interesting when the overall colour scheme is quite neutral. The ornate fireplace mantel looks like it was plucked straight from a french chateau, but I actually found it at Home Depot. Ha! Imagine some herringbone floors (preferably a little time-worn) and ornate architectural details. Soaring ceilings and an over sized chandelier. Oh, and a Juliet balcony. And then add all of this goodness. Paris, here we come!



I just realized I used this same rug in my last design board. It's a gooder though, and I can't seem to get enough of it!

Sources:
Blakeley Sofa, Fur/Lucite Stool, "&" Pillow by Jonathan Adler
Abstract Artwork by Meredith Pardue
Black and White Photography via Super Tight Stuff
Fireplace Mantel at Home Depot
Rug, Tree Stump Side Table, Grey Diamond Pillow at West Elm
Cow hide Armchair and "All You Need is Love" Pillow via pinterest
Elements Coffee Table, Blue/Camel Pillow at CB2
Log Ring at Graham and Green
Arc Chrome Floor Lamp by George Kovacs


Did you enjoy our Paris excursion?

-Sarah

p.s. Thanks for sharing in my excitement about our new build. It's so fun to share the journey with you! You're all simply sweet.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!