Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Look Inside the New House

Hello, friends. I hope this finds you well. We had a long weekend here in Canada celebrating Canada Day, and we enjoyed it as such (thus the reason for my absence yesterday). My husband was away on a hiking trip on the weekend so the kids and I hung out at my parent's place. We got to enjoy the pool for the first time this summer. Avery swam for about 4 hours on Saturday! How was your weekend?

I also got a chance to look through our new build. It's really coming along and looking so good. Our builder is doing a fantastic job!

Pictured first is the fireplace wall in the living room. It's obviously not finished yet. Sconces still need to go up. Tile has to be installed. There is also going to be mirror tile above the fireplace and a baseboard that will run along the bottom. I think it will be a lovely focal point for the space once it's all complete.


Kitchen being installed

Entrance (The railing still needs to be painted)

Master Bedroom Grid Panelled Wall

Free-Standing Tub (in the bedroom right now)

Grey Room

Pink Room

The painting isn't finished yet. I believe there is still at least one more coat to go on, and the cutting (around the edges) hasn't been done yet either. You can kind of see the colours though.

It's so exciting to see it at this stage. We're really happy with how it's coming together. Can't believe we'll be moving in next month!

-Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love the trim detail. You must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Sarah!!! You must have been so excited to see this. I feel excited to see it so I know you must be over the top! LOVE the living room and the paneled wall treatment. It is so elegant. It will be a beautiful texture in the master. And you chose the tub I voted for! It is so beautiful. It's a piece of art. So much progress since our last view. Thank you for sharing your world.
    Today is out Independence Day. I am watching Wimbledon and there will be a neighborhood picnic later at our little yacht club...so lots of friends and good food. We could see fireworks last night across the water. It is LLBean's 100th Anniversary this year and the fireworks display was the largest in Maine history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great so far Sarah!! I love the wall in the living room and the tub you chose!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. That panelled wall, the AMAZING tub, I adore ALL of it Sarah! Can I move in?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking so beautiful, Sarah - love your trim detail, and your tub! You must be getting so excited. And just a month to go... I bet this month is going to fly by for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! The panelled walls are my favourite!

    ~Steph @ Silver Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it's really coming along. Those paneled walls look outstanding. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!