Monday, March 12, 2012

The Build Has Begun & A Look at Our House Plan

Hello, friends! Happy Monday to you. I hope you had a good weekend. As I mentioned last week, things have been chugging along with our new build. We stopped by to see our lot and found that the work had begun! I would have beeen disappointed that we didn't get a true "before" shot if I hadn't been so completely thrilled to see that things had already been started. Our future home...



And here are our house plans! We decided to go with a 2-storey house. Three bedrooms plus a bonus room upstairs. Small laundry room upstairs as well. Open concept living area with a large walk through pantry and mudroom.




There are still a few little things that we'll change with the plan. Things like the kitchen layout have yet to be finalized, but this is more or less it.

We are thrilled and very thankful that we get to do this. And our builder has been amazing to work with. (I'll tell you more about him another time.)

I'm on cloud 9 over here!

-Sarah

9 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! Thanks for sharing the house plans. I can hardly wait to see the photos of the progress, and eventually the final product! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be so enjoyable to have a say in every aspect of your new home. Each home we've lived in, we've gained some insight into what we like and works and want does not work. We currently live in a 2 story with bonus room...very similar to yours...and really love it. The bonus room is our favorite place as the kids can hang out or we can watch a movie while the kids are just down the hall at night. It really keeps your main floor kid clutter free. I am envious of your upper laundry...great idea...as that IS where all the clothes end up! Can't wait to see the fixtures and personable aspects you choose. Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting! I will check this out! 6 bedroom house plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're looking at a bench for the dining area. It would be a natural. I can't imagine it without one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah. How exciting! Have fun. Looking forward to following the progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go away for a week and things change! Congrats on the new house, how exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog...it's always nice to find other Saskie bloggers :) Looking forward to seeing your build progress.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!