While I have some momentum, I plan to try two new recipes this week. Here they are…
Sauteed Sweet Potatoes & Spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cut sweet potatoes into cubes; cook, stirring, until starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add curry powder. Cook 1 minute. Add water and chopped red onion. Cook, stirring, until water evaporates and potatoes are tender and browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook spinach in two batches, adding second batch when first wilts, 2 minutes. Drain; add to potatoes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
via Martha Stewart
Stove-Top Macaroni & Cheese
You can see the recipe and directions here. It looks quick and easy - it all happens in one pot and it's quite low-fat. She suggests topping it with bread crumbs and tomatoes. Can't wait to give it a try!
We’re still living with a sporadic internet connection these days. Here’s hoping it resolves soon. You don’t realize how much you rely on the internet until you don’t have it!