Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Black and White Floors

As a young girl I remember visiting my aunt's house - an old home in need of some attention. There were some nice structural elements to the home; it had the kinds of details that give a home character and make it unique. I remember the kitchen having a black and white checkered floor. It stuck in my mind. Black and white checkered or diamond-patterned floors really make a statement. You may think it's a bold move but the look is actually quite classic. I think an entry or bathroom would be the perfect place for this flooring style and apparently others have had the same thought! (Ha)







I just might have to find a place to do this in our next home. Is it a look you would go for?

-Sarah

Image Sources: Elizabeth Dinkel; via decorpad (2 images); Sloan Mauran; House & Home; Bijou & Boheme

4 comments:

  1. It is the perfect classic look for a more traditional or architecturally rich home isn't it? It's definitely a look I love and would do in a heart-beat in the right home!! Ohhh to have a foyer... :-)
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma MacMillan had a tiled black and white floor in one of the bathrooms in her house on Crawford Street. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous! Love the lighting in the first few photographs!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!