Friday, November 18, 2011

Top Swing-Arm Sconces

Friday it is! I cannot believe that we're over halfway through the month of November. Gosh! I have some serious tracks to make in my Christmas preparations. Haven't even started (unlike many of you... dear, super-organized friends).

Today I thought I'd share some stylish swing-arm sconces. I've noticed the swing-arm style popping up more and more lately. The most conventional place for a swing arm lamp is beside the bed, right? It's a good and practical place for this kind of lamp, but we seem to be breaking the rules a little and introducing swing-arm sconces to other rooms in the home, particularly the kitchen and bath. 


  
I think it works quite well and adds a fresh, unexpected look. Here's a round up of a few favourite swing-arm styles.















Sweet, swingin' sconces! Did you have a favourite?


Enjoy your weekend!

-Sarah

Sources: 1, 5, 7 via Shades of Light; 2, 4 Restoration Hardware; 3, 6, 8, 10, 11 via Circa Lighting; 9 Jonathan Adler

4 comments:

  1. I love the look but also think they're super practical because they can be moved to exactly where you want the light to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using the Visual Comfort Boston Functionals in antique brass for my son's room...I love them! I'm also plotting to use them in the kitchen in our island cottage....when we ever get to that point in the reno! Unfortunately I have to shell out $ for things like drywall and installation before the fun stuff like lighting comes in to play :)

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog in search of a great bedside sconce. Can you tell me where to find that lovely arched sconce in nickel (looks like it was photographed in front of white paneling). I see you have some sourcing at the end of the article but I could not find the fixture at any of those websites!

    Many thanks!

    lexi@lexicongraphix.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that one at Shades of Light. I'll e-mail you with the link.

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!